In recent years, selling on Instagram has become an incredibly popular choice for businesses seeking to promote their business online – and considering the statistics, it’s easy to see why.
- Promoting a business on Instagram provides the opportunity to access a community of over 1 billion users.
- Instagram is particularly useful for marketing to the often-unreachable “Generation Z”; 72% of teens use Instagram every day.
- 72% of users have purchased a product that they have seen on Instagram.
- 80% of users follow at least one business.
- 70% of users will take action after seeing a company’s post – for example, visiting the company’s website.
- 50+ Instagram Statistics Marketers Will Love in 2020
- Instagram has an engagement rate of over 3%; which compares favorably to Facebook and Twitter, which average between 0.5-1% engagement rates
Of course, statistics do not always translate to results for companies, but Instagram has proven its worth to multiple businesses over the past few years.
Take your online marketing to the next level with our affordable SEO services contact the WebsitePromoter team today.
- Gaming app Bejeweled partnered with well-known Instagram influencers in order to promote their product and related hashtag. The campaign allowed Bejeweled to move from 702 to 108 in Apple’s Top-Grossing US App Store Apps.
- Luxury clothing and perfume brand Chanel invited beauty bloggers and Instagram influencers to a getaway in the South of France in order to promote the new Chanel No. 5 L’Eau perfume, an event which was designed to showcase the fact their perfume is made from real flowers. Two dedicated hashtags were created, and those invited on the trip posted over 1,600 pieces of content for Chanel, which resulted in 900,000 likes for the #newchanel5 hashtag.
- Flower retailers Bloom & Wild created a simple campaign, targeting potential customers based on data collected from their email list and subsequent testing on Instagram. As a result of the campaign, the company saw a massive 62% increase in bouquet orders.
Tips for promoting a business on Instagram
- Work with influencers. As Bejeweled found, working with prolific influencers – all of whom are promoting the same hashtag – can produce dramatic results in a relatively short period of time.
- Go behind the scenes. By inviting beauty bloggers and influencers to visit their flower fields, Chanel invited posts that were a little more in-depth and authentic than the standard, posed Instagram posts.
- Test, test, and test again. Bloom & Wild chose to run small, inexpensive campaigns to test a number of different ads, then analyzed which had been their most successful; the ad that came out on top was then pushed with a higher spend, resulting in a significant sales increase for the company.
- Use dedicated hashtags. The vast majority of brands that use Instagram create dedicated hashtags for each campaign, which helps to develop a sense of unity and increase overall awareness. Chanel, for example, could have opted to use standard hashtags such as #Chanel5, but chose #newChanel5 to create a distinction between the new product.
Promoting a business on Instagram allows you to access a diverse, high-engagement marketplace that can provide outstanding returns on your investment.
Hopefully, the tips above – taken from the brands who have enjoyed success on the platform – will help your business to achieve the same results in future.